5 Reasons To Install a Stair Lift
- Safety—As people get older it gets tougher and more dangerous for them to go up and down stairs. We lose our range of motion, dexterity and reflexes as we get older. A fall down the stairs can be fatal for an elderly person. Installing a stair lift will make it much safer for an older person to get around the house.
- Independence—Older people sometimes don’t like the idea of being fussed over. Sometimes the most difficult part of aging is losing your independence. A stair lift gives an older person some of their independence back. It will allow them to move about their house without needing to rely on constant help.
- Cost—It’s less expensive than moving to another house. Installing a stair lift means an elderly person or couple can now have the piece of mind knowing they can stay in their home. It’s not easy moving, especially when you’re older and have accumulated a lot of things.
- Easy to Install—A stair lift can be installed by a professional within a couple of hours. They are simple and straight forward to install. With that said, it is recommended to have a professional do the installation.
- Marketability—There is a market for a good used stair lift, so if and when the time comes to remove the stair lift it shouldn’t be too difficult to sell it and recoup some of your money. Plus, because stair lifts can be removed with very little damage to your home, it doesn’t really have an impact on the value of the home or it’s marketability.
This entry was posted in Stairlifts
. Bookmark the permalink